Innovation Services for Entrepreneurs
We provide entrepreneurs with the research capabilities of a global company.
Green chemistry has tremendous potential to have a positive impact on our environment and our lives. But without access to industry networks, capital, market data, and top-notch lab facilities and equipment, SMEs and entrepreneurs may never reach their full potential.
GreenCentre helps companies meet their research and development needs in a low-risk, collaborative structure.
As a Sector Innovation Centre within the Ontario Network of Entrepreneurs (ONE), GreenCentre provides an extensive and practical range of services to entrepreneurs. The ONE program is only applicable to SMEs in or willing to locate to Ontario (while other clients have to pay for these services). The ONE program is one way we can work with entrepreneurs, and services include, but are not limited to, the following:
Concept Development Services
• Product sample testing
• Additional technology consulting/assessment services
• Administrative support
Proof of Concept and Market Analysis
• Laboratory proof of concept
• Patentability analysis
• Expanded consulting services and technical/business/network support
• Business model development and market analysis
• Employee safety training and safety program development
Product Process Development Services
• Provisional patent application filing
• Laboratory product development
• Business development
• Capital planning
Product/Process Launch Services
• IP strategic support
• Scale-up manufacturing
• Direct HQP development support
• Application benchmarking
• Customer testing
• Funding development and grant writing support
With our dedicated team of in-house experts, we can address every aspect of a client’s unique challenges, working to create customized solutions. We support commercialization through licensing arrangements or fee-for-service, and we often receive additional consideration through equity participation, supply agreements, or revenue sharing.
ONE Chemistry Program
GreenCentre’s ONE Chemistry Program was created to specifically assist Ontario-based SMEs and entrepreneurs with developing, de-risking, and scaling up their chemistry and materials-based innovations. The program is designed to provide support to SMEs and entrepreneurs currently registered to do business in or intending to relocate/register to develop operations in Ontario.
GreenCentre will assess each applicant based on the following criteria:
• Technology strength and potential disruptiveness
• Current management team
• Potential benefits to Ontario
• Potential impact of GreenCentre’s contributions
• Potential market opportunity
• Commercial viability of intellectual property position