Innovation Services or Academics
Green chemistry has tremendous potential to have a positive impact on our environment and our lives, provided you get ideas out of the lab and into commercial applications. Making that transition involves building a business case and putting an emphasis on product development—not traditionally areas of expertise for researchers.
GreenCentre’s collaborative model for commercialization can fill this gap between great research and great business opportunities. Our strong relationships with global companies provide networking opportunities to get innovations in the hands of those who can help.
Our services include:
- Technology review and due diligence
- Intellectual property assessment and protection
- Helping to identify and assess value to industry with market analysis
- Product and/or process development to address industry needs
- Application development
- Scale-up synthesis and customer sample preparation
- Business plan development
- Creation of sales and marketing channels
Our expertise includes:
- Industry members who assess and validate technology opportunities
- Commercialization managers in catalysis, fine chemicals/pharmaceuticals
- Business development officers
- Scientific teams in catalysis, fine chemicals/pharmaceuticals, polymers and materials and petrochemicals
GreenCentre uses a four-step process to commercialization
GreenCentre works in partnership with the researcher and their technology transfer office to help realize the potential of their research. We accept solicited and unsolicited early-stage technologies that have moved beyond basic research and are into the development stage.
- We accept and assess early-stage technology disclosures from academic institutions
- Our principal point of contact is the technology transfer/industry liaison officer
- GreenCentre will execute all necessary confidentiality agreements and ensure that project submissions are kept confidential
- Under a 90-day exclusive option, we conduct a technological assessment when appropriate
- GreenCentre’s industry partners provide input
- Analysis is shared with the institution
- Possible outcomes: return, proof-of-principle funding, or in-licensing
- Fair licensing terms
- There are no upfront costs; we cover all development and IP costs going forward
- Institution/inventors share in all licensing returns
- GreenCentre makes the investments needed to close the market gap:
- Process optimization
- Field-test proof of utility
- Scale-up of product candidates
- Application development
- Pre-commercial sales
- GreenCentre will license the technology or create start-ups and start sending licensing revenue back to the inventors
Our services are provided with no up-front cost to the researcher or their institution. GreenCentre will execute the necessary confidentiality agreements and will ensure project submissions are kept confidential.
As technologies are commercialized, our academic clients and their technology transfer offices share in the returns by those technologies. They also share in returns generated by GreenCentre-led improvements to those technologies. When discoveries create public benefit, institutions, researchers, and taxpayers are rewarded for their investments in basic research.