About the CIC
WHO WE ARE
The Chemical Institute of Canada (CIC) is a national not-for-profit organization committed to advancing the chemical sciences and engineering through its three constituent societies.
- Canadian Society for Chemistry (CSC)
- Canadian Society for Chemical Engineering (CSChE)
- Canadian Society for Chemical Technology (CSCT)
WHAT WE DO
- Provide professional designations and memberships to those in the chemical sciences and engineering profession
- Organize Canada’s two premier annual conferences for the chemical sciences and engineering – the Canadian Chemistry Conference and Exhibition and the Canadian Chemical Engineering Conference
- Connect members through a network of Local Sections, Student Chapters and Subject Divisions
- Produce two major publications: ACCN the Canadian Chemical News magazine and the Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering
- Conferring over 40 awards across Canada
- Advocate to the government on issues of research funding and regulations
- Accredit university programs and certify chemical technologists
- Plan Outreach activities for the public to advance their understanding and appreciation of the chemical sciences and engineering
- Provide Career Services that help to advance the professional lives of chemists, engineers and technologists.
- And much more
WHY JOIN US?
As well as enjoying several benefits such as discounted rates for our conferences and a complimentary subscription to our magazine, members of the Constituent Societies of the CIC become part of Canada’s diverse and prestigious community of chemical scientists, engineers and technologists.